Saturday, June 2, 2012

facial dialogue

Here's the last assignment I completed from ianimate.net.
It's super subtle, so might not be everyone's cup of tea, but was a really good learning experience. This is a mod of one of iAnimate's rigs, Josie (made by the talented Angelo). Boris moded her for me from a drawing I did and I learned to texture! (credits also to Boris for the bg elements and help with lighting). My awesome instructor Ted Ty was great and I'm so glad I got to learn from him. So Boris and I have stopped with iAnimate as of April because we started working full time! I'm working in Toronto designing on a new preschool show. It's a nice change and I'm learning a lot (and drawing everyday). I feel that I need to do some animation on my own time though cause I'm going to start really missing it.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That breathing in the chest really helps sell that acting. Awesome test!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! It's amazing how much the breathing affects the believability.

      Delete
  2. Though extreme body mechanics shots can show ones' ability to handle challenging stuff, it's always nice to see subtle acting=)

    I like the way she hold back for slowly showing her feeling. Nice subtle head and eye movement.
    It would help showing her uncertainties more if a little adjustment could be added, such as the upper body lean a bit forward and backward, and some shoulder movements.
    Nice Shot and Keep the spirit on=) Wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art work and character sketches are really amazing. I am thinking of applying to the animation program at Sheridan when i graduate high school in two years and was wondering where you learned to draw the characters or if it just came naturally to you. I was also wondering if Sheridan taught you ho to make the animated characters. The reason i am asking is because i am a good artist but have not made many character or comic sketches.
    Sincerely Sawyer

    ReplyDelete